Is the creative artist in you looking for a new home improvement project? Do you want to take on project that doesn’t demand too much of your time? If you are unable to decide on the aspect of your home that requires attention, do not worry. Here’s a window of opportunity for you: Windows.
When it comes to renovating a home or upgrading a room, homeowners neglect windows. Everyone focuses on the wall molding, paint colors and furniture. They forget about windows. Remember that windows can make or break the look of a room. If you are interested in making your home trendy, consider trendy window treatments.
Start Small; Think Big
If you want to experiment a new look for your home, you can consider different window treatments. It is better to select a room before making changes to the entire home. When thinking about window treatments for the living room or the bedroom; you need to consider the following things:
· The renovation budget
· The functionality of windows
· The architectural details of your home
· Your style
· Your color preferences
· The need for privacy and safety
· Energy efficiency
Window Treatments – Tips to help you get started
Once you create a budget and plan for the home improvement project, you have to think about different types of options available with you. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
· Hard window treatments involve usage of hard materials such as wood and vinyl. It involves choosing window shutters, blinds and shades. If you make use of drapes and curtains, it is called soft window treatments.
· If you entertain a lot of guests, it is best to opt for durable material for the living room and the dining area. Similarly, a kitchen window should have washable fabrics. You can consider silk and other delicate fabrics for the bedroom.
· If you want to restrict the natural light in a room, it is best to consider blinds and shutters. They provide you with more options to allow just the right amount of light you want.
· When it comes to energy-efficient window treatments, think of honeycomb blinds. They trap the cold and warm air and save your energy costs.
· If you live in a noisy neighborhood, choose multiple window treatments. You can go for window shutters with heavy drapes to block the noise.
· You can even consider decorative molding around the window to beautify it.
· If you want to give a trendy look to the window glass, you can go for stained glass and make the window a conversation piece among your guests.
· If you are in doubt about making changes, hire a home renovation contractor. He will provide you with various options and help you make the right decision.
Window treatments are an inexpensive way of making your home trendy. When you want to give a new look to your home without undertaking a big home improvement project, you can consider window treatments. Customize windows the way you like it and make your home beautiful.