There are a lot of people amongst us who have been living in the houses that were built/constructed during early times. Such houses are featured all around the world for their big bay windows. The contemporary designed houses also have such windows to give them an artistic look. A key benefit of these windows is that they project outwards from the main walls of your home giving it a spacious effect.
There are different types of bay windows from angled bay to multifaceted bay and bow windows. Each shape and design are unique in its own way. It is, therefore, essential to look for a window covering that will fit perfectly. Here are top five tips to use window shutters while dressing your beautiful bay:
- Choose made to measure products: Using made to measure blinds provide a neat and tidy look to your house. These made to measure products includes blinds and other such ready to use materials to give your window bay an extra touch of luxury and appealing looks. Select from the varied blinds available in the market to enhance the beauty of your home.
- Take expert’s assistance: It is better to take help from the local advisor about what should you opt for the beautiful windows of your house. Whether it is a blind, curtain or shutters. You can choose the best one from these three coverings that can add a touch of royalty to your house’s bay, bow and some corner windows. Coverings of all types can be customized according to the type of windows constructed in your house.
- Let lots of lovely light in: Whatever covering you use for the bay windows, make sure that the covering can be used in both the ways, i.e. it allows light to enter and it can be used as a medium to enhance privacy. Already these windows are constructed in a house with an aim to allow maximum natural light to enter into your home. To add something graceful to it, look for lightweight rollers, pleated blinds or plantation shutters that create a lovely ambience by allowing sunlight to gently filter into your house.
- Cozy up fully-lined fabrics: The bay windows are usually covered with glass as compared to normal windows. But, if you think that glass coverings will make your place a bit more chilled than you can consider adding cosiness to your house with the help of beautiful fully lined fabrics i.e. curtains or blinds as they are ideal to keep your house insulated and also helps in keeping sufficient amount of heat within the room itself.
- Select shutters for a striking effect: Shutters are all time favourite coverings for the windows of a house apart from blinds and curtains. Most of the house owners prefer enhancing the appearance of their house by installing bay window shutters. They are customised and tailor-made to fit the available space. To get more light enter your room, make sure that you use shutters with large louvers. But, if your bay windows face a busy street, consider using shutters with small lovers.
Since bay windows are notoriously hard to dress, but the above-stated ideas will work for your house windows to a greater extent.